Book Hair and Beauty Appointments Online

Friday 7 September 2012

Interview - Leanne Woodfull


Dublin based beauty and fashion blogger Leanne Woodfull is the very talented girl behind the blog THUNDER & THREADS. Leanne first set up her blog back in 2009 and it's since grown into one of Ireland’s most popular fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogs. With her fantastic sense of style and helpful beauty reviews it's no wonder she has taken the blogging world my storm. Leanne was kind enough to take time out from her busy schedule to answer a few questions for SalonAddict.


Why did you initially decide to start a blog?

I wanted a platform to talk about my passions and interests in life, initially fashion-related bits and bobs but my blog's expanded to beauty, lifestyle etc a lot since 2009!

What is your hair care regime like?

Very simple, in comparison to a lot of people. I wash my hair using a natural shampoo bar called 'Seanik' from Lush, and condition it with an Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner especially for long hair. I then towel dry my hair, spray in some heat protection and leave-in conditioner and then blow dry for around 2-3 minutes. My hair is ridiculously fine, so it dries quite quickly! I wash my hair usually every two days.

What beauty and hair care brands do you swear by?

Benefit, Make Up For Ever, Essence and Lush are my far my favourite brands.

What beauty product can you not live without?

Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer, it hides the worst skin days - I'd die without it! It's around €6 in Boots, and the one tube can last you ages. It's a god-send! I used shade no.1, which I find perfect for my extremely pale skin.

What do you ask for at the hairdressers?

Usually a trim, and if there's any, the dead ends trimmed off. If I've more cash to splash, I'll get my black hair colour re-dyed, but usually I dye my hair at home to save money.

Who are your beauty and fashion icons?

I love Keira Knightley, Dita Von Teese, Marilyn Monroe and Scarlet Johannsson are inspirational makeup-wise. Pat McGrath, Lisa Eldridge and Sam and Nic from PixiWoo would be my beauty icons. Fashion wise, my icons include everyone from Anne Boleyn, Marie Antoinette, Isabella Blow, Edith Head and Grace Coddington. 


What do you do when you're not blogging?

I love hanging out with my close friends, whether it be just walking around town or having a movie night! I love watching documentaries, reading, watching movies, listening to music and daydreaming.


 What’s next for Leanne?

I'll be heading to London Fashion Week in less than 2 weeks, so I'm currently prepping some ideas and plans for my blog and youtube channel surrounding that - exciting stuff!

Check out Leanne getting her hair done at one of SalonAddict's member salons The Art Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment